Nowadays, there is a wide variety of opportunity for employment in the health care field. The health care industry is constantly growing. The demand continues to rise. Although the health care industry has a lot of different areas of specialties that are all important, the nurse practitioner jobs are seen as an asset to the field of nursing. According to the reports of the American Nurses Association, nurse practitioners can perform approximately 60 to 80 percent of primary and preventive care. The growing emphasis on public health will continue to create excellent nurse practitioner jobs opportunities.
What Is A Nurse Practitioner?
A nurse practitioner is also called an advanced practice nurse. They are a registered nurse by profession who received additional training and advanced degree of education that specializes in a certain field of nursing, and a board certification in their specialty field. Nurse practitioners also have a master’s degree in nursing. Nurse practitioners works in almost all aspect of patient care. They work both in consultations, diagnosis, and treatment. Nurse practitioners are qualified to meet the majority of patients’ health-care needs.
Nurse practitioner jobs include educating patients about the prescribed treatments as well as the preventive care. They emphasize the overall health of their patients, provide primary and some acute care, and promote a comprehensive approach to health care. Nurse practitioner serves as a patient’s primary healthcare provider. They conduct physical exams, and orders test. Sometimes, they can also prescribed medications.
Nurse Practitioners provide care in community health centers, worksite employee health centers, rural sites, and colleges. Sometimes, they also perform health care research, serve in governmental agencies, and work for pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Most of the time a nurse practitioner works as an intricate part of a doctor’s staff. They work as a step above a registered nurse. The role of a nurse practitioner is important in every hospital and doctor’s office since they have a comprehensive role.
Nurse Practitioner Specialty
• Geriatric Nurse Practitioner
• Oncology Nurse Practitioner
• Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
• Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
• Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
• Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
• Family Practice Nurse Practitioner
• Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
• Surgical Nurse Practitioner
• School Health Nurse Practitioner
Nurse Practitioner Jobs
Nurse practitioners are involved in more than just direct patient care. They work collaboratively or independently on the health-care team. They provide a variety of health services. These services include:
• Maintain physiologic stability, including but not limited to serving in the first assisting role
• Builds rapport & cooperative relationships with members/patients
• Evaluates emergency situations & initiates appropriate interventions
• Monitors the effectiveness of interventions
• Review & monitor the therapy & treatment patient plans
• Manages populations of patients to ensure appropriate utilization of health care resources
• Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings
• Prescribes appropriate treatment modalities either non-pharmacologic or pharmacologic treatments
• Orders therapeutic tests as well as diagnostic test relevant to patient’s needs
• Interprets the result of diagnostic tests
• Assists with the provision of surgical care
• Facilitates the decision making of patient, family, and staff by providing educational tools
• Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability
• Participates in planning for the delivery of clinical service
• Make appropriate referrals and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members
• Functions independently to obtain appropriate history for those critically ill peri-operative patients
• Participates in training of students
• Performs other related duties as directed
Nurse practitioner jobs are fast becoming the preferred profession in health care. The job requires excellent knowledge and skills in order to perform all of these tasks properly.